The first time I made these and placed them on the table, Carter grabbed one. And finished it. Then, to my surprise, he asked for another, and ended up eating 2.5 dumsticks. This seal of approval from my fussy eater, my friends, means this particular recipe has been elevated to a gold star/hall of fame level. Whoop whoop!
Another reason I'm slightly in love with this recipe is that it's super easy and you can whip these suckers up in no time. Follow along lovelies!
You will need:
- 1kg Chicken Drumsticks (we use free range ones)
- 1 cup of finely crushed gluten free cornflakes
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- I cup of gluten free flour
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Spray oil
And now you'll need to:
- Turn the oven on to 200 degrees, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the paprika, lemon pepper and garlic powder into the cornflake crumb
- Set out the milk, flour and cornflake crumbs in bowls big enough to dip a drumstick in.
- Coat a drumstick in flour, shake of excess and dunk into the buttermilk. Once covered in buttermilk, roll and coat completely in the cornflake crumb mix.
- Place on the tray, and repeat with the rest of the dumsticks.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
See? Totally easy! That wasn't scary at all! You're welcome.
For sides, I made a carrot and pumpkin smash and a bowl of peas and steamed baby spinach. Happy campers all around here!