Monday, April 30, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 100g butter
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (topping)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (topping)
- Make sure your milk and butter mixture is cooled well before you add the egg, otherwise you will just get scrambled eggs.
- Do not overmix the ingredients as overmixing creates a “tough” muffin.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Any one have any advice they want to throw at me?
Friday, April 27, 2012
So what next? I'm still loving the large frames, but now the cooler months are settling in I'd love a pair in black with a rounder frames to go with my Winter wardrobe. Something like in the following styles:
This is also my entry to the Sunglass Hut Inner Circle Nuffnang Fashionopolis Competition. phew! Trying saying that three time fast!
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
The Little Lion's skin is constantly dry, so we needed a moisturiser that would combat this problem. The Aveeno products contain colloidal oatmeal which forms a protective barrier on his skin and helps prevent moisture loss. So far it appears his skin is improving, so the extra colloidal oatmeal must be doing its job!
Monday, April 23, 2012
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Want the full recipe? Check it out below!
Carrot Slice from Taste
- 3/4 cup (165g) raw sugar
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large carrot (about 140g), grated
- 100g raisins
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar (to ice, optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 28cm x 18cm slice pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the sugar, oil and egg in a large bowl, then stir in the carrot, raisins and zest. Sift in flour, soda and spices. Stir to just combine, then pour into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If making icing, sift icing sugar into a bowl and stir with 1-2 teaspoons warm water to form a smooth, soft icing. Drizzle over slice with a teaspoon, then leave to set for 10 minutes. Alternatively, dust with 2 tbs sifted icing sugar. Cut into 12 bars.
- Store for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Hats were always the one accessory that I bypassed. I would always favour jewelry, scarves and shoes over them, but this year hats, especially beanies, are firmly in my focus. Slouchy beanies, knitted caps and pompoms will all feature and they are the perfect way to hide a bad hair day. Sportsgirl have some adorable ones at the moment, and I've very tempted to buy the Ocelot Mini Bear Hat with ear flaps and pompoms. I wonder if I could pull it off...
Are you going to step out of you comfort zone and embrace a new trend or fashion item you thought you'd never wear? What trend do you have your eye on for the upcoming colder months? Will you be wearing one of my five favorite looks? Let me know all you gorgeous fashionistas!
Thursday, April 19, 2012
As much as I would like to be a make everything from scratch kinda girl, I often resort to marinades in a bottle. Packet cake mixes. Spaghetti sauces in jars. And yes, I even have canned soup in the pantry... but don't worry. I just use it for bases for other recipes. The stuff isn't too flash on it's own!