We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Adelaide last weekend. Carter had his yearly allergy checkup, and I was determined to make something special of it- swan around in luxury for two nights and indulge ourselves silly. We did just that.
I get all giddy about staying in hotels, especially new ones that I haven't had the chance to explore before. I research them thoroughly, checking out very important things like traveller reviews, what amenities are included and err, the room service menu. Very important.
What are my seven top favourite things about swanky hotels?
1. The fact that I can call up anytime, even at 10pm to choose a new pillow from the pillow menu and have it delivered instantly. FYI- the latex one is awesome.
2. Swishing along those thick plush carpeted corridors with muted lighting makes you feel all sorts of calm and yes, I always check to make sure I'm looking OK in those huge elevator mirrors. Doesn't everyone?
3. Perusing the dessert room service menu, and taking twenty minutes to decide between a chocolate mudcake, a deconstructed apple tart and a brulee.
4. Having a fabulously equipped gym overlooking the lap pool at my disposal. On Saturday morning I felt so energised and so damn good after smashing out 5km on the treadmill that I went back and did it again that evening. 10km for the win!
5. Crisply tucked hotel sheets in pure white. Enough said.
6. Valet parking. So delicious. Being able to pull up and not worry about the car until you leave again? Yes please, I'll have that every time.
7. Ok, I'll admit it. The fluffy robe and slippers. They make me feel like a celeb.
The Crowne Plaza lived up to all my expectations and more- I simply couldn't fault one thing. Exceptional staff, beautiful food and an incredibly helpful concierge. They were more than willing to accomodate Carter's gluten free needs for breakfast too, which was a big plus in my books. The fact that it's just around the corner from Rundle Mall simply added to the appeal, and the seeing the twinkling lights over the Adelaide Hills at night was something special. Crown Plaza, with your gorgeous views and fabbo service, you won't be keeping the Hummingbird family away for too long!
Ok guys, 'fess up. What's your number one fave thing about a swanky hotel?
Disclaimer- Yep, this is all my opinion. There was no free accommodation or slice of chocolate cake as a bribe for me to write this- I just wanted to share how fab it was.